Investigators served warrants on five people who were recently indicted by a Lawrence County grand jury.
The grand jury this week returned nine secret indictments after considering evidence of trafficking in drugs.
During the investigations controlled purchases of cocaine, heroin and crystal methamphetamine were completed, according to a release by the Lawrence County Prosecutor’s Office.
On Wednesday, officers from the Lawrence Drug and Major Crimes Task Force, Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office and the Ironton Police Department served five of the secret indictments.
Those arrested were:
• Jeff N. Wallace, 55, of 409 Buckhorn St., Ironton;
• Amber D. Combs, 32, of 409 Buckhorn St., Ironton;
• Charles Burns, 36, of 1515 S. Third St., Ironton;
• Courtney R. Gallion, 37, of 1515 S. Third St., Ironton;
• Marcus A. Sloan, 18, of 1505 Lawrence St., Ironton.
Also arrested were David R. Bridges, 26, of 407 McPherson Ave. Ironton, who was charged with obstructing official business; and William G. Caplinger,49, of 411 Mill St., Ironton, for an outstanding warrant.
Published by irontontribune.com