The death of 10-year-old Alton Banks in Miami raised concerns about the possible presence of fentanyl in public places. It’s not known how Banks came in contact with the drug, but he died at home after returning from the neighborhood pool.
Police officers in Ohio have also been treated after coming in contact with the drug that is mixed with heroin. The drug is so prevalent that a woman revived a companion with naloxone, the opioid overdose reversal drug, in a Fairview Park McDonald’s in April.
But, should parents be concerned about fentanyl powder in public? News 5 checked with two narcotics agencies who said exposure to the general public is extremely rare. [Read more…]