10 arrested in online prostitution sting in 2 counties
An online prostitution sting has led to the arrests of 10 men and women throughout Montgomery and Clark counties.
The sting was conducted in May in various locations by the Montgomery County RANGE Task Force, the Clark County Sheriff's Office and Englewood police.
According to the task force, which issued a statement Tuesday afternoon about the arrests, the operation focused on prostitution related advertisements posted on Craigslist and Backpage, the popular classified advertising websites.
Undercover detectives made the arrests on a variety of charges. Those arrested range in age from 47 to 19.
"Unfortunately, we are seeing an increase in Internet sex trafficking, which is being conducted in our local hotels and motels in the Miami Valley," Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer said in a prepared statement. "In an effort to combat this problem, we will be conducting more of these types of investigations in the future."
Those arrested include:
- Corri Carter, 24. She was booked at the Montgomery County Jail on charges of soliciting and possession of criminal tools.
- Hollyann Whitehead, 26. Montgomery County Jail. Soliciting.
- Allen Ligon, 47. Montgomery County Jail. Soliciting.
- Christine Taylor, 19. Montgomery County Jail. Soliciting.
- Sheryl Duncan, 34. Montgomery County Jail. Soliciting and promoting prostitution.
- Marriah Boian, 32. Montgomery County Jail. Soliciting.
- Fred Michael Martin, 38. Clark County Jail. Soliciting.
- Kara Glunt, 31. Clark County Jail. Soliciting and possession of criminal tools.
- Michael Koehler, 23. Clark County Jail. Soliciting, possession of criminal tools and improper handling of a firearm.
- Jason Michael Carano, 33. Clark County Jail. Soliciting.
- See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/10-arrested-online-prostitution-sting-2-counties/ngDCz/#sthash.tiogSazR.dpuf