16 Facing Felony Drug Charges Following Campus Roundup
Sixteen people are facing drug charges following a campus roundup conducted by The Franklin County Drug Task Force and The Ohio State University Police Department.
Members of the task force and OSU PD began investigating drug suppliers and dealers in the campus area that had been selling or distributing drugs from April 2012 to April 2013.
The investigation resulted with felony charges being filed against 16 suspects, according to the sheriff's office.
A total of 25 undercover narcotics buys and the purchase of an assault rifle were conducted during the roundup.
Drugs purchased during the investigation include:
- 354.2 grams of Marijuana worth an estimated $4,500
- 200 UD (as directed) of LSD (counterfeit) worth an estimated $2,000 ($10/hit)
- 2.1 grams of Counterfeit Ecstasy (Molly) worth an estimated $150
- 26.2 grams of 4-MEC (bath salt analogue) worth an estimated $2,600 ($100/gram)
- 200 UD (as directed) of LSD worth an estimated $2,000
- 27 UD (as directed) of Oxycodone pills worth an estimated $600
- 3 UD (as directed) of MDMA worth an estimated $30
- 2.1 grams of THC Dabs worth an estimated $100
- 1.6 grams of Cocaine worth an estimated $100
- 89.9 grams of Mushrooms (Psilocyn) worth an estimated $900
The estimated total street value of the drugs and the assault rifle seized is $13,530, according to the sheriff's office.
Detectives reported discovering an alarming trend during the investigation. The undercover detectives were purchasing "synthetic molly", which is known on the street as Ecstasy. During a laboratory test, results revealed the drug was actually a variation of bath salts, according to the sheriff's office.
It is unknown how many students ingested the bath salts, thinking it was Ecstasy.
The following individuals were charged following the investigation:
- Jorden Gilmer, 19
- Spencer Taylor, 21
- Robert Bookshar, 19
- Bryan Ruballo, 21
- Kevin Dean, 21
- David Marioth, 34
- Praveen Kumar, 19
- Matthew Reynolds, 21
- Han Kim, 20
- Kevin Mckenzie, 19
- Katie Schlarman, 21
- Shawn Asselin, 19
- Andrew Campolattano, 21
The investigation is ongoing and investigators say additional arrests could be made.