6 men arrested in Marion for drug-related offenses
The METRICH / MARMET Drug Task Force with the assistance of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Marion City Police, and The Ohio State Highway Patrol arrested six men in Marion Thursday for drug-related offenses.
The arrests wrap up a three-month investigation into the sales of illegals narcotics in Marion. These men were indicted on Oct. 20 by a Marion County Grand Jury with the help of the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office.
As part of the arrest roundup, MARMET with the assistance of the Marion City Police executed a search warrant at 263 ½ N Prospect St. Detectives arrested Karsavian Williams inside the apartment on his warrant on indictment and also seized $800 in cash and 37 doses of heroin.
MARMET added a member of The Ohio State Highway Patrol to the drug task force. This has opened up other avenues to help combat the heroin epidemic in Marion.
The men arrested, and the charges include:
• DeAngelo White, 35, of Detroit, Mich.,trafficking in heroin
• Karsavian Williams, 21, of Detroit, Mich.,trafficking in heroin, possession of heroin, trafficking in crack cocaine
• Pierre Bell, 28, of Detroit, Mich.,trafficking in heroin • Donald Eaton Jr., 55, of Marion, permitting drug abuse
• Chad Friley, 31, of Marion, trafficking in drugs
• Jeffery Marshall, 37, of Columbus, trafficking in heroin
Originally published in the Marion Star on October 28, 2016.