Drug dealer gets 3-plus years in prison
A local drug dealer was sentenced to more than three years in prison this week in Logan County Common Pleas Court.
Audric Clay, 27, of Bellefontaine, was sentenced to 40 months in prison and ordered to pay court costs for three counts of possession of drugs.
The defendant also agreed to forfeit about $2,500 in cash that was found on him at the time of his arrest in March, when he was jailed following an investigation into suspected drug activity at 816 Heritage Court, Apt. 4.
Seized from the defendant’s possession at the time of his arrest were multiple firearms, as well as crack cocaine and marijuana along with smaller amounts of heroin and Oxycodone pills.
Digital scales, ammunition, and the suspect’s cellular phone were also seized.
Also sentenced were:
• Ronald Houston, 34, of Columbus: five years’ community control and ordered to pay a $250 fine and court costs for trafficking in drugs and having weapons under disability;• Steven Akers, 32, at large: 26 months in prison and ordered to pay restitution for theft of a motor vehicle and theft;
• Lee Watson, 47, of Russells Point: five years’ community control and ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees for nonsupport of dependents;
• Scott Phillips, 37, of Bellefontaine: 100 days in Logan County Jail and credited for time served, three years’ community control and ordered to pay a $250 fine, attorney fees and court costs for domestic violence;
• Darren Logsdon, 41, of East Liberty: two years’ community control, 80 hours of community service and ordered to pay restitution, court costs and attorney fees for domestic violence;
• Joshua Butts, 25, of Russells Point: two years’ community control, 40 hours of community service and ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees for permitting drug abuse.
Pleading guilty were:
Damione Miller, 34, of Bellefontaine: possession of drugs, and Darrell A. Davis, 31, of Bellefontaine: gross sexual imposition. Presentence investigations were ordered and both defendants will be sentenced July 21.