Nine people were charged in connection with local authorities using drug-related search warrant Friday in Norwalk.
The Norwalk Police Department and Huron County Sheriff's Office conducted the warrant about 11:25 a.m. at 15 Ford Ave. Each agency is a member of the METRICH Enforcement Unit, a 10-county drug task force.
“This was the culmination of a month-long investigation concerning drug trafficking and drug use. During the search, suspected heroin was located along with evidence of drug trafficking and drug use. Drug paraphernalia was located throughout the house,” police Detective Sgt. Seth Fry said.
Detective Zack O’Neil was the lead investigator.
“He did an outstanding job,” said Fry, who noted the investigation started based on information from concerned neighbors and various tips. “There is no unusual area to find drugs; it happens anywhere and everywhere.”
During the search, authorities said they found 12 adults and one child inside the residence upon entry.
The following suspects were arrested and transported to the Huron County Jail:
• Kenneth Ansel on possession of methamphetamine
• Roy Brady on permitting drug abuse
• Jacob Hinkle on obstruction of official business
• Gary Holland on possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of drug paraphernalia
• Elena Rose on possession of drug paraphernalia
• Shain Stark on possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of drug paraphernalia
• Cody Sydes on possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of drug paraphernalia
• Josh Whitaker on trafficking in drugs, possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools
• Taylor Whitaker on trafficking in drugs, possession of drugs and possession of criminal tools
Fry said he appreciated the effort and work of the sheriff’s office and the first- and second-shift Norwalk officers who helped with “making entry” and transporting the suspects to jail.
“More arrests are expected,” he added, referring to the ongoing investigation.
Originally published in the Norwalk Reflector on December 21, 2018.